Did you know that Oct. 1 is World Vegetarian Day, Oct. 2 is World Farm Animals Day, and the entire month of October is Vegetarian Awareness Month? We’re celebrating with a host of events from coast-to-coast, but in case you can’t make it out, here are a few easy actions you can take in honor of the animals:
1. Help us serve a Side of Truth.
2. Request heart-healthy vegan subs at WeLoveSubway.com.
3. Urge Dunkin’ Donuts to add an egg- and dairy-free donut.
4. Ask In-N-Out for a veggie burger.
5. Encourage friends and family to choose more veg foods by adopting Meatless Mondays.
6. Take a peek behind the closed doors of factory farms—and share this with someone else.
8. Reach out to local restaurants to add more vegan options.
9. Hone your outreach skills with an internship at COK.
10. Subscribe to our e-newsletters to stay up-to-date on events, campaigns, and veg-related news.
12. Sport your “Ask Me Why I’m a Vegetarian” shirt at school, work, or the grocery store.
13. Spread a message of compassion with a free TryVeg.com bumper sticker.
14. Encourage others to go veg!
15. Become a monthly donor or give on behalf of a birthday or in memory of someone special.