After successfully persuading companies including Morningstar Farms, Lightlife, BOCA Foods, and Quorn to reduce or eliminate their use of eggs and offer more vegan options, COK has been reaching out to Subway, urging the world’s largest restaurant chain to offer more substantial protein-packed vegan meals on its menus.
Thousands of consumers from coast to coast are also letting the company know, through our campaign website, WeLoveSubway.com, that the interest in healthier and more humane vegan options is on the rise.
We were excited to announce late last year that Subway stores across Canada introduced a new “Totally Vegged” vegan patty — and now we, along with The Humane League, are excited to share even more good news:
Starting this week, several Subway Cafés in Maryland, DC, and Virginia are featuring three new all-vegan savory sandwiches:
Sweet Riblet ♦ Malibu Greek ♦ Italian Black Bean
Where can you find these new vegan sandwiches? Check out our list below — and be sure to stop by soon. If these new options prove to be popular, they may soon spread to more locations nationwide.
And if you don’t live in the DC-area but would like to see these vegan options offered in a Subway store near you, be sure to let the company know by contacting them through WeLoveSubway.com today or call them now at 203-877-4281!
Subway’s New All-Vegan Sweet Riblet Sandwich!
(Note: Subway’s Italian bread is vegan.)
Vegan Subway Sandwiches: The following Subway Café locations are either currently offering the vegan options or plan to offer them within the next week or two:
- 555 13th St NW, Washington, DC 20005 — 202-347-4616 (* still offer some vegan options*)
- 455 Massachusetts Ave, NW (1st Floor) Washington, DC 20001 — 202-638-0348 (* still offer some vegan options*)
- 550 First St., NW, Washington, DC 20001 — 202-661-6639 (sold out in July)
- 8145 Main St, Ellicott City, MD 21043 — 410-418-4330 (sold out in July)
- 5520 Research Park Dr, #107 (Univ. of MD, Baltimore County), Catonsville, MD 21228 — 410-455-5222 (sold out in July)
- 300 Sentinel Dr, #100, Annapolis Junction, MD 20701 — 301-490-6553 (sold out in July)
- 320 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314 — 703-879-4321 (sold out in July)
- 2361 Eisenhower Ave, Alexandria, VA 22314 — 571-483-0546 (sold out in July)
Know of an additional location offering these vegan options? Let us know!
Top Photo: Subway franchise owner Tayo Ibraheem shows off the new vegan sandwiches offered in her Subway Café in Ellicott City, one of the first in the nation to dish out the new all-vegan options.