The DC VegFest is the largest vegetarian celebration in the nation’s capital, attracting several thousand attendees each year. Offering
a great time for meat-eaters and vegetarians alike, this free
outdoor festival will showcase over 75 exhibitors and provides an
opportunity to try free food samples, hear from dynamic
speakers, see cooking demonstrations, explore delicious meat-free
cuisine, and shop from several stores. Attendees can even get their cholesterol checked for free.
There will also be ASL interpreters at each
presentation, a dedicated children’s activity area, and water stations
for your furry four-legged friends throughout the venue.
- Jonathan Balcombe, PhD, author and animal behavior expert
- Michael Greger, M.D., clinical nutrition and public health expert
- Isa Chandra Moskowitz, vegan chef and award-winning cookbook author;
- Wayne Pacelle, CEO/Pres. of The Humane Society of the United States, author of NYT best-seller The Bond
- Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, vegan chef and award-winning author
- Wendy Rieger, NBC4-DC news anchor
A wide variety of food will be dished out by 18 DC-area
restaurants, including recent winner of the Food Network’s Cupcake Wars:
Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats, which is also hosting a cupcake eating contest at the event. Free food samples will be offered by Tofurky, Gardein, Field Roast, Soyummi, and more. Additionally, the first 500 visitors will receive a free commemorative bag filled with more food, coupons, and information about vegetarian eating.
WHERE: University Yard at George Washington Univ. (H St. between 20th/21st Sts., NW)
Help spread the word on Facebook.
For the latest updates: follow us on twitter.
For your chance to win some prizes at the event, such as cookbooks, food, and more, text “DCVF” to 55678 (no charges; standard text rates apply).