Employment Opportunities - Compassion Over Killing
Thank you for your interest in joining Compassion Over Killing’s growing team dedicated to building a kinder world for all animals. We operate two offices in the U.S.—one in the Washington, D.C. area and the other in Los Angeles, California.
Please check back for the latest updates on additional jobs as they are announced and be sure to also consider applying for an internship.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Position Objective: Assist with daily operational tasks and office procedures to ensure organizational efficiency, as well provide support for other departments as needed.
Terms of Employment Full-time, with health benefits
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- General office management including answering phones, restocking supplies, filing, etc
- Assist with COK’s Los Angeles office management (ship out supplies as needed, etc)
- Fulfill literature and merchandise requests as well as maintain merchandise/literature inventories
- Data entry and basic donor database management
- Process routine donor correspondence, including acknowledgement letters, tax receipts, and direct mail
- Assist with basic accounting needs (filing, processing expense reports, liaising with accountant)
- Submit required state and/or federal filings as needed
- Maintain personnel files and records
- Coordinate/oversee office volunteers
- Assist other departments as needed with various tasks or projects including special events and campaigns such as DC VegFest and US VegWeek
- Perform other related duties as needed to further the mission of the organization
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work well with others
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both verbal and written
- Strong multitasking and creative-thinking skills.
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Prior use of a leading donor database preferred
- Knowledgeable about vegetarian and factory-farming issues preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
The position is located in our Takoma Park, Maryland office, which is Metro accessible. Please submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter, including salary requirement, to:
Compassion Over Killing
Attn: Sean Conner