COK’s 2013 Internship Program
Join our efforts to help make the world a kinder place by interning at our offices in Washington, DC or Los Angeles! It’s a fun and informative way to get hands-on experience as an effective animal advocate while also gaining a deeper understanding of farmed animal issues and the tools available to spread a message of compassion.
We’re currently accepting applications for Outreach Interns (details below) and Legal Interns (NOTE: Legal Internships are only available in LA. Please email email@example.com for details.)
Available in DC or LA, our outreach internship program is looking for energetic and committed individuals determined to make a difference for animals. As an intern, you’ll have opportunities to be involved in a diverse range of projects, get active in our national and local campaigns, and network with others in the community.
Activities and Responsibilities May Include:
- organizing events such as feed-ins or speaker presentations
- leafleting at busy street corners, festivals, or concerts
- staffing educational booths at community fairs/festivals
- distributing pro-veg materials around the city
- meeting with restaurants or calling companies about offering more vegan options
- coordinating research projects
- day-to-day activities in the office
Full- and Part-Time Positions Available:
- Full-time internships are considered to be a minimum of 8 weeks at 30 to 40 hours per week, and are eligible for minimal commuting stipend upon request (amount to be determined).
- Part-time internships are considered to be at 4 to 8 weeks and/or fewer than 30 hours per week, and are not eligible for a stipend. If you’re unable to commit to at least 4 weeks, please consider signing up as a volunteer!
More Details and How to Apply:
- Interns of all ages are accepted.
- No specific experience/academic background is required – just the desire to help animals.
- Internships for school credit or community service are welcomed.
- Interns are responsible for finding their own housing and transportation to COK’s office, though transportation to events will be provided
- Applications are accepted year-round (there are no deadlines), though we do suggest applying at least one month in advance of your preferred start date.
- TO APPLY: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume (including 3 references) and a cover letter that includes preferred dates for internship as well as location (DC or LA), and please specify full- or part-time.
We look forward to hearing from you! Have questions? Feel free to contact us at 301-891-2458 or email@example.com.