COK’s 2014 Internship Program - Compassion Over Killing
Join our efforts to help make the world a kinder place by interning at our offices in Washington, DC or Los Angeles! It’s a fun and informative way to get hands-on experience as an effective animal advocate while also gaining a deeper understanding of farmed animal issues and the tools available to spread a message of compassion.
We’re currently accepting applications for Outreach Interns and Legal Interns (details below).
Legal Internships (Summer 2014)
Legal internships are only available in our West Coast office in Torrance, California. As a full-time legal intern, you’ll work on litigation projects aimed at protecting farmed animals, and most of these projects are plaintiffs’ litigation.
Responsibilities: Summer Litigation Interns will work closely with COK’s attorneys on projects that will likely employ a variety of legal theories, relating to areas such as state criminal cruelty laws, false advertising and unfair competition laws, tort liability, tax and corporate laws, environmental protection laws, and administrative laws. Interns will also have the opportunities to research new projects as well as assist heavily with ongoing projects.
Requirements: Excellent research and writing skills are required. In addition, the Litigation Intern should be interested in exploring novel approaches to protecting animals through litigation. Candidates with a background and interest in animal protection are preferred, although it is not required.
TO APPLY: Send a resume, cover letter, writing sample, list of three references, and law school transcripts to COK’s Legal Advocacy Program at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 14, 2014.
Available in DC or LA, our outreach internship program is looking for energetic and committed individuals determined to make a difference for animals. As an intern, you’ll have opportunities to be involved in a diverse range of projects, get active in our national and local campaigns, and network with others in the community.
Full- and Part-Time Positions Available:
- Full-time internships are considered to be a minimum of 8 weeks at 30 to 40 hours per week, and are eligible for minimal commuting stipend upon request (amount to be determined).
- Part-time internships are considered to be at 4 to 8 weeks and/or fewer than 30 hours per week, and are not eligible for a stipend. If you’re unable to commit to at least 4 weeks, please consider signing up as a volunteer!
More Details and How to Apply:
- Interns of all ages are accepted.
- No specific experience/academic background is required – just the desire to help animals.
- Internships for school credit or community service are welcomed.
- Interns are responsible for finding their own housing and transportation to COK’s office, though transportation to events will be provided
- Applications are accepted year-round (there are no deadlines), though we do suggest applying at least one month in advance of your preferred start date.
- TO APPLY: send an email to email@example.com with your resume (including 3 references) and a cover letter that includes preferred dates for internship as well as location (DC or LA), and please specify full- or part-time.
We look forward to hearing from you! Have questions? Feel free to contact us at 301-891-2458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.